This recipe for shortcut blueberry ice cream is almost too easy to be called a recipe! All you need is your favorite vanilla ice cream, some blueberry jam and a little bit of time.
- 1 pint of your favorite vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup blueberry jam, depending on how blueberry you like things!
- Put a pint of vanilla ice cream in the refrigerator (not the freezer) for an hour to soften.
- Scoop the soft ice cream into a loaf pan or a medium size mixing bowl and stir so that it is all the same consistency.
- Drop spoonfuls of jam on top of the softened ice cream and swirl with a knife until you have ribbons and streaks of jam throughout. Don’t stir TOO much – you want nice swirls of blueberry!
- Cover the pan or bowl with plastic wrap and put into the freezer to freeze back up. Overnight is best for this (I know! So hard to wait!)
- When it is frozen back to ice cream consistency, scoop and serve!