- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- Juice and zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Simmer blueberries, lemon juice and zest, vanilla and syrup in a small heavy saucepan for about 5 minutes, just until blueberries are starting to break down.
- Use a spoon or a potato masher to smoosh the berries, and then simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the chia seeds, stir and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Let the jam cool (it will thicken up as it cools) and then transfer to a jar.
- Immediately make a peanut butter and blueberry jam sandwich, and then store the rest of the jam in the fridge.