- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups blueberries
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Stir flour and baking powder together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Mix water, molasses and baking soda together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Put brown sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl and beat at high speed for two minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating the mixture in between. Add the molasses mixture and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat the the lowest speed just until it is mixed it. Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into your baking pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool and then sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares and serve!