- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 bone-in split chicken breasts, cut in half with kitchen shears
- 6 shallots
- 1 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 3/4 cup white wine
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 nine ounce packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 cup chicken broth (I like the Imagine brand)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Heat the olive oil and two tablespoons of butter in a heavy deep ovenproof skillet. Add the chicken and brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Saute the shallots in the same skillet until they are just browned. Pour in the tarragon, wine and lemon juice and stir until any bits sticking to the skillet are integrated into the sauce. Add a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts and chicken broth and nestle the chicken pieces into the sauce. Cover the skillet with a lid or some foil and pop it in the oven for 45 minutes.
- When the chicken is done, remove it to a serving platter or plates and whisk the remaining two tablespoons of butter into the sauce. Spoon the shallots and artichokes over the chicken, ladle sauce on and serve. Happy spring!