- 2 slices thick cut bacon, cut in half
- 1–2 packets ramen noodles (see note)
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- Sesame oil for drizzling
- Cook bacon in a heavy deep skillet until done to your liking. Set aside and top with foil to keep warm.
- Heat the water for the ramen (following package directions for amount), and turn the heat under the skillet with the bacon drippings to high.
- Season the burger meat with a little salt and pepper and form into two loose balls. Place in skillet and immediately flatten them out with a spatula and don’t touch them again for two minutes.
- Right after you put the burgers in the skillet, pop the ramen noodles into their water. Cook for three minutes.
- Meanwhile back at the burgers, flip them at the two minute mark. Top them with the American cheese and cook them for one more minute.
- When the ramen is done, add the flavor packet and stir.
- Time for the assembly! Take the ramen noodles out of the broth with tongs and place on each plate. Top with cheeseburger and bacon. Scatter lettuce on top. Drizzle with sesame oil. Serve at once!
I made ours with one ramen packet divided among the two dishes. If you have hearty eaters, it is TOTALLY okay to make one ramen packet per person, and you can cook up both ramen packets in the same pot at the same time.