- Baking spray
- 3 sticks salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray a 12-cup Bundt or tube pan well with baking spray or grease with softened butter and dust with flour, making sure to coat well to prevent any sticking.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until well combined. Add the flour, salt, and vanilla and beat until well blended but do not overmix. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, the cake springs back when lightly pressed, and a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1½ hours. Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, and then turn the cake out onto the rack to cool completely.
This cake is freezer friendly!
Let the cake cool completely. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap, then foil. Store in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, unwrap and allow to thaw completely before slicing.