This delectable baby pot pie is all yours and yours alone with this easy recipe for beef and blue cheese pot pies! A perfect cozy supper.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound beef chuck, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 bottle of beer (12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 6 ounced crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tube crescent roll pastry (8 ounces)
- Pour the oil into a heavy deep skillet and heat over medium high. Add the beef and cook until it is nice and browned, about 10 minutes. Scoop it out and set aside.
- Add onion, celery and carrot and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring. Pour in beer and simmer for another 20 minutes until the beer has almost fully cooked off.
- Add flour and stir. Pour in chicken broth and stir again. Add beef and mustard and simmer over low heat with the skillet partially covered until the beef is tender, about 90 minutes. Stir in peas and blue cheese.
- About 30 minutes before the beef is done, preheat the oven to 375. Roll out the pastry and cut out six circles that are just wider than your ramekins. Divide the beef mixture among ramekins and top each with a pastry circle, crimping the edges.
- Poke a few holes in the top of each pot pie and place them on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 15-20 minutes, and serve!