- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 leeks
- 4 eggs
- Cut off the root end of the leek and the top dark green part so you are just left with the white and light green section. Cut in half longways and rinse under cool running water. Slice into small pieces.
- Cook the bacon in a heavy deep saucepan until crisp and then scoop out with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels, leaving the drippings in the pan.
- Saute the leeks in the bacon drippings over medium heat until they are tender.
- Crack the eggs into the leeks, cover the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until the eggs are just cooked – you want them a little creamy.
- Scatter the bacon over the eggs and leeks, grind some black pepper on top and serve.