For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Juice and zest from one lime
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
For the Salmon Bowls
- One 1/2 pound boneless salmon filet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice (white or brown, your choice!)
- 1/4 cup mirin (rice wine)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- Put all dressing ingredients into a jar, close the lid tightly and shake shake shake until well mixed.
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a rimmed baking dish with parchment or foil. Place salmon filet on the baking dish, brush on olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- When the salmon is done, pull it into flakes, using two forks to gently pull it apart.
- Toss the rice with the mirin, and them you are ready to assemble the bowls!
- Divide rice among two bowls. Top each with half the salmon, half the avocado and half the scallions.
- Give the dressing one more shake and then drizzle it over the top of the bowls. Scatter sesame seeds on top and serve with lime wedges.