This recipe for ham and swiss pot pie trades the pastry for a cheesy potato crust. OH YES. Make sure make enough for seconds of this comfort food.
- 2 medium sized potatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thin
- 1/2 pound ham, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese
- Spray a two quart baking dish with baking spray or olive oil and preheat the oven to 400.
- Pour the cream, milk, eggs and mustard into a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of cheese. Put a single layer of potato slices in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with ham cubes and then with cheese. Repeat the layers, ending with layer of potatoes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the layers, and then sprinkle the remaining half cup of cheese over the top.
- Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Take the foil off and continue baking for another 20 minutes until the cheese is starting to get brown and toasty.
- Cool for about 5 minutes and then serve in warmed bowls.