Regular chicken piccata is great, but chicken piccata with artichokes is FABULOUS. Try this easy recipe for your next dinner party (or regular weeknight supper) and see!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about ½ inch thick
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 9 ounce package of frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Lemon slices for garnish
- In a small bowl, beat the egg together with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Mix up the flour and pepper. Dip the chicken in the egg/lemon mixture, then in the flour.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and brown the coated chicken pieces about 4 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the chicken broth and pour liquid into skillet. Add wine, capers and artichoke hearts.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Return chicken to pan along with the capers and all but 2 tablespoons of the parsley and heat it through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley. This recipe is wonderful as is, but you can also serve over pasta or polenta!