- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, halved and sliced
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, chopped
For the Dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- Juice from one lime
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown beef in a large deep skillet. Add tomato paste, taco seasoning and ¼ cup water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Make dressing: puree all dressing ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss beef with all juices in a bowl with avocado, tomatoes, scallions and cucumbers.
- Place a bed of lettuce on each plate. Ladle taco mixture on top. Drizzle with dressing and serve.