- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 5 ounce can or jar of tuna packed in oil, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, chopped and cooked until crispy, or 4 slices prosciutto, chopped (optional but oh so good)
- Steam or boil the cauliflower until tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Add the tuna to a large bowl and flake it into pieces. Add the cauliflower, parsley, lemon juice, capers and bacon.
- Put the lemon juice, vinegar and oil in a small jar, cover tightly and shake until well mixed. Pour over salad and toss.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.