- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces of dark, semi-sweet and/or milk chocolate – your choice!
- 2 teaspoons confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup red wine (I like merlot for this recipe but again, your choice!)
- Cinnamon sticks
- Whipped cream
- Chop chocolate into small pieces.
- Heat milk in a small heavy saucepan over medium high heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Whisk in sugar, vanilla and chocolate. Continue whisking until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in red wine and divide among two small mugs or 4 to 6 shot glasses.
- Add a cinnamon stick to each serving if you like, and/or a tablespoon or two of whipped cream and enjoy!