Have your taco and eat it too with this recipe for a light version…lettuce wrap tacos!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco spice (packaged or homemade)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Boston Bibb or butter lettuce leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves or quarters
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped or mashed
- Cook the beef in a large skillet over medium high heat until browned. Add taco spices and 1/2 cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste.
- Spoon taco meat into lettuce leaves. Top with tomatoes, scallions and avocados and serve!