- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/8 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup crumbled tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray an 8 inch square (or similar sized) casserole with cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions until done. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together chili powder, flour and milk and pour into a saucepan. Heat over medium high heat until simmering. Simmer for 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Turn of the heat and stir in the cheese until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a large deep skillet over medium high heat until cooked through. Stir in tomato paste and cumin.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the beef mixture and stir. Pour the macaroni into the skillet and stir again until everything is well mixed.
- Pour the macaroni mixture into the casserole and sprinkle the top with tortilla chips. Bake until slightly golden, about 30 minutes.