These melt in your mouth brown sugar chocolate shortbread cookies take just four ingredients! Perfect as a delicious holiday gift.
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer until fluffy.
- Mix in flour, then chocolate. Dough might be a little crumbly – don’t worry!
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 inch thick – I like to do this on a silicone mat so it doesn’t stick.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a biscuit cutter or a jar lid, press dough into round shapes and place on cookie sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.