This easy hearty pumpkin chili recipe has all your favorite fall flavors! So the next time you get that pumpkin spice craving, think chili!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 14 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Juice from one lime
- Any toppings you like! Sour cream, scallions, shredded cheese, avocado and crushed tortilla chips are all wonderful.
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep pot over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute for about 3 minutes until tender. Add beef and stir until browned.
- Add spices and stir. Add tomatoes and pumpkin and stir again. Add chicken broth.
- Simmer over low for 30 minutes. Taste and season as needed with salt and pepper.
- When you are ready to serve, stir in the lime juice and divide among bowls with your favorite toppings.