- 2 English muffins
- 12 ounces tuna, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Spit the muffins with a fork and lightly toast them.
- Mix together tuna, cottage cheese, mayo, celery, garlic and lemon juice.
- Divide the tuna mixture among the four muffin halves. Top with cheese.
- Line a rimmed baking dish with foil and put the tuna melts on the baking dish.
- Broil the tuna melts until the cheese is melted, watching carefully as this goes fast!
- Serve at once, TELLING NOBODY about the cottage cheese part.