- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonaisse
- 1-2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked polenta, grits, toast or spinach to serve the salad on (optional)
- Hard boil eggs: Bring a large pot of water to a simmer, gently add eggs and simmer for 9 minutes. Remove into a bowl of ice water until eggs are cool enough to peel. Peel and tear the eggs into large pieces and put in a bowl.
- Mix mayo with enough vinegar to make a light sauce. Toss it gently with the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix herbs, scallions, olive oil and lemon juice together.
- Divide egg salad among plates, either by itself or on a bed of polenta or spinach or a piece of buttered toast. Top with herb mixture and serve.