This recipe for steak panzanella salad is a glorious and easy combo of steak, tomatoes, bread and basil. The perfect summer dinner!
- 1 pound strip steak (you can sub in your favorite alternate cut of steak if you like)
- 2 cups French bread, cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3–4 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small cucumber, cut into small slices
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Heat grill to high and cook steak to your liking – about 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Let the steak rest under foil while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Toss bread cubes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Place on prepared baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice steak into bite sized cubes and add to large bowl. Add bread cubes, tomato, cucumber and onion.
- Shake remaining oil and vinegar together in a small jar with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss. Add basil and toss again.
- Let the salad sit for about 15 minutes so the flavors can combine and then serve.