Here’s what you do with all that summer squash! Make zucchini fritters with this easy recipe and watch them ask for vegetable seconds!
- 2 medium zucchini, grated (see note)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup regular or almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- Vegetable oil for greasing the pan
- Heat skillet or electric griddle to medium high. Grease with vegetable oil if pan is not non-stick.
- Mix grated zucchini, egg, flour and salt together until well mixed. Scoop out fritter mixture in 1/4 cup amounts and add to skillet or griddle.
- Flatten gently into pancake shape and cook until golden brown on one side. Gently flip and cook until golden on the other side.
- Remove and sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
If your zucchini seems especially watery after you grate it, you can wring it out in a clean dishtowel before mixing it with the other ingredients.