- 2 pounds flank steak
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice and peel from one lemon
- 1 large bunch of scallions, washed (and trimmed if you want to, but you don’t have to!)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper
- Salted butter, room temperature
- Put steak, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and lemon peel in a plastic zipper bag and marinate for at least an hour, and up to overnight.
- Turn on grill to high. Grill steak for 5 minutes per side for medium rare, or to your liking. Remove steak to a cutting board, tent with foil and let it rest while you grill the scallions.
- Toss scallions with olive oil and lay across grill grates. Grill, turning now and then, until char marks start to form – about 5 minutes or so.
- Slice steak across the grain. Divide steak among dinner plates and top with scallions. Sprinkle with red onion and sprinkle with salt and pepper. If you are feeling extra fancy, put a small spoonful of butter on top of each plate and dig in!