This recipe for gnocchi with bacon and spinach is so easy to make, and also lets you in on where you can buy the best bacon in the world!
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 14 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 4 ounces baby spinach (about 5 cups)
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook bacon in a large deep skillet over medium high heat until done to your liking. Add tomatoes, sugar, pepper, and vinegar and saute for about five minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add gnocchi. Cook according to package directions until gnocchi are done (usually when they float to the top).
- Add spinach to gnocchi and cook for about 30 seconds until wilted. Drain gnocchi and spinach mixture and add to sauce.
- Gently toss with tongs until combined. Divide among plates and top with Parmesan.