This recipe for potato salad with bacon and parsley trades the mayo for a lighter mustard sauce, for all the flavor in a lighter, brighter version!
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes, cut in halves or quarters
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Put the potatoes in a pot with water to cover and one teaspoon salt and simmer until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain and run under cold water, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- While potatoes are cooking, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 6-8 minutes. Drain on paper towels, saving the drippings.
- Mix the reserved drippings, oil, vinegar and mustard with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Drizzle over potatoes and toss. Add bacon and parsley and toss again. Realize that you DO like potato salad after all.