- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 28 ounce can chopped tomatoes (San Marzano if you can find them)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup capers
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Saute until just turning golden on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the rest of the butter, stir until combined, and then cover the pan. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Swirl in remaining butter and season the sauce to taste as needed.
- Divide among warmed plates, sprinkle parsley on top and serve,