- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- One fourteen ounce can condensed milk
- 1 cup butter (two sticks), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Cut each puff pastry square in half so that you have four rectangles and place the rectangles on the baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Let the pastry cool, pressing down gently after about 5 minutes so that the pastry pieces are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Make the pastry cream: put the condensed milk, butter and vanilla in a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and beat on high for 5 minutes.
- Place the first rectangle of puff pastry on a serving platter and spread with a quarter of the pastry cream. Repeat with the second, third and fourth rectangles, ending by spreading the last of the pastry cream on the top. You don’t frost the sides.
- If you like, scatter any crumbs from the pastry on the top of the cake. Enjoy!