It’s a muffin! It’s a cupcake! It’s an easy recipe for Oreo Muffins! Turn your favorite cookie into your new favorite muffin.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup chilled butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 Oreos, broken into pieces
For the glaze
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 12 muffin pan.
- Put flour, sugar, and baking powder into a food processor. Cut butter into chunks and add to processor. Pulse until the butter is fully cut into the flour and the mixture is crumbly.
- Mix egg, milk and vanilla together. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until combined. Add Oreo chunks to batter and stir gently to combine – this may be easiest to do with your hands.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool completely on a rack. (I know! So hard to wait!)
- Mix confectioner’s sugar, milk and vanilla together to make a glaze. Drizzle over muffins. Now you can dig in!