- 5 cups chicken broth (I like the Pacific and Imagine varieties)
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the noodles
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Make the noodles by mixing together the flour, water, oil and salt until it forms a stuff dough. Roll it out (I usually do this on a silicone mat) until it is about 1/8 inch thick. Using a paring knife, cut the dough into strips about 2 inches by 1 inch.
- Put the broth and the poultry seasoning into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the veggies, and then the noodles. Simmer until the veggies and the noodles are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken and season the broth to taste with salt and pepper. Let the soup stand off the heat for about 5 minutes to heat the chicken through, then serve.