This warm potato green bean salad is being brought to you by the fact that we are heading into potato salad season – woot! And since do love potatoes but I do NOT love the classic mayo-dressed potato salad, I have these basic guidelines when putting together potato salads. First, no mayo. (You probably guessed that.) Second, no peeling, because who wants to be in the kitchen peeling potatoes in the middle of potato salad season? Third, find something interesting to toss into the potato salad along with the potatoes. Fourth, when it comes to potato salad, mustard is your friend. Welcome to warm green bean potato salad…let’s make it!Spiff up your potato salad with green beans, bacon and a little mustard with this easy recipe!Click To TweetOn the no-peeling front, all you need to do is pick up the little baby potatoes instead of the big ones. I like to use a mix of red ones and yellow ones, just because they look pretty. Give them a nice scrub and pop them in the pot whole – they will only take about 10 to 15 minutes to simmer themselves tender. If there are any that are bigger than mouthful-sized, cut them in halves or quarters after they have cooled off a little.
As you have probably guessed by now, the potatoes in this recipe are joined by some cheery bright green beans, and dressed with a snappy mustard dressing that gives a little zing to the whole thing. Oh, and there’s a handful of bacon in there too.Print
- 1 pound baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- Cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Cut any larger potatoes into halves or quarters.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in large skillet. Add potatoes and cook about 5 minutes. Remove to a mixing bowl.
- Add bacon to skillet and cook until crisp. Add to potatoes.
- Cook green beans in bacon drippings until just cooked, about 3 minutes. Add to potatoes.
- Add lemon juice and mustard to potatoes, toss gently, season with salt and pepper and serve.