- 1/2 pound fresh tuna steak
- 1 head fennel
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6–8 baby carrots, peeled
- 1 cup frisee or other lettuce
- 1/4 cup sugared pecans or other nuts
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Honey mustard salad dressing (we used the Bolthouse Farms brand)
- Preheat oven to 375. Trim the bottom and the leafy top off the fennel and cut into slices. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place in a single layer in a baking pan and bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Steam or boil the carrots until tender, about 5-10 minutes depending on thickness.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook tuna steak for one minute per side for rare. Remove and slice.
- Assemble your bowl as follows: Rice on one third of the plate, lettuce on a third and fennel on a third. Top with carrots and tuna, scatter nuts over the top and drizzle with dressing. Serve and enjoy!