- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 few shakes of hot sauce (optional)
- Bring coconut milk and broth to a simmer and stir in rice and sugar. Cover and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Add additional coconut milk as needed.
- Stir in peas, scallions and peanuts. Add coconut and/or hot sauce if you like. Serve at once.