- 8 slices bacon
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 slices bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- Cook bacon using your preferred method, drain on paper towels, set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, cream and chives. Lay bread slices in single layer in shallow dish and pour egg mixture over. Soak for 3 minutes, turn bread over and soak for 3 minutes more.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. When butter sizzles, add bread and cook until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Layer lettuce, bacon and tomato on each slice of french toast, garnish with chopped chives and serve