- 3 good sized potatoes (either Yukons or Russets work well)
- 3 leeks, white and light green parts only, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh dill for garnish (optional)
- Peel potatoes and cut into one inch chunks. Slice leeks.
- Heat oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and saute for about 5 minutes or until they start to turn tender.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Pour carefully into a blender and puree until smooth (or if you have an immersion blender you can blend it right in the pot!)
- Return to the pot and stir in the blue cheese until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve, garnished with dill.