- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into quarters with the core intact
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 4 eggs
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil in a jar and shake vigorously. Using a pastry brush, paint the dressing in between and on the outside of the lettuce leaves.
- Place the lettuce quarters and the bacon strips on the grill. Cook until bacon is done to your liking and the lettuce is slightly charred, turning both regularly with tongs.
- Fry the eggs sunny side up.
- To assemble: place one lettuce quarter on each plate. Top with two slices of bacon and one egg. Break the egg yolk and serve at once.