- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 13×9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix melted butter, nuts, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and cinnamon together in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup soft butter and sugar together in a mixer until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Mix together flour and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk until everything is just mixed.
- Add vanilla and mix. Add raisins and mix.
- Scrape 1/2 buttermilk batter into your baking pan and spread to the edges (sometimes this is easiest if you wet your fingers with water and use them!)
- Sprinkle half the nut mixture over the batter. Spread the rest of the batter on top, and then sprinkle the remaining nut mixture over all.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the coffee cake is a light golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for about 30 minutes and then cut into squares.