Turn everyone’s favorite breakfast into lunch with this easy recipe for bacon and egg soup! With a little spinach and cheese in the mix as well.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- Salt and pepper
- Place bacon in a medium-sized saucepan and heat over medium high. Cook until bacon is done the way you like it, and remove to drain on paper towels. Carefully pour out bacon drippings and return saucepan to the stove.
- Add chicken broth and heat to a simmer. Stir in spinach until wilted. Stir in cheese.
- Drizzle beaten egg into the soup, stirring for about 30 seconds. The egg will form little feathery strands.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and ladle into bowls. Garnish with bacon and serve.