Take your pasta from ordinary to great with some crispy bread crumbs, artichoke hearts, a hint of fresh lemon and this easy recipe!
- 3–4 slices bread (any kind will do), torn into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces linguine or spaghetti
- Whirl the bread chunks in a food processor until they are crumbs.
- Put the oil and two tablespoons of the butter in a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Add the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring often, until the breadcrumbs are deep golden and crispy. Remove to a small dish and wipe out the skillet.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions in heavily salted water. Scoop out a cup of the cooking liquid before draining.
- While the pasta is cooking, add another two tablespoons of butter to the skillet and melt over medium high heat. Add the artichokes and stir for a minute or two. Add the lemon zest and juice along with the wine, and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining butter and stir until melted.
- Add the drained cooked pasta and the cheese, and toss with tongs until everything is mixed together, adding some of the pasta water as needed to make a light sauce.
- Divide pasta among plates, top with lots of those gorgeous breadcrumbs and serve!