- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth (I like the Imagine variety)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken works great if you don’t have leftovers)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Toss the squash, carrots and onion with olive oil. Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add the veggies to a blender along with the chicken broth. Puree until smooth (you can do this in batches if you need to.
- Pour the puree into a large saucepan. Add the chicken and spinach and simmer until the spinach is wilted. You can add more chicken broth to thin out the soup if you like.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve!