This easy recipe for cauliflower with brown butter pumpkin seed lime sauce will forever change how you look at the humble cauliflower!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (I used salted ones, but raw and unsalted would also be fine)
- Juice from one lime
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Stand the cauliflower upside down on a cutting board and, holding onto the stem, slice it downwards into thin slices, rotating the cauliflower as you go.
- Place the slices and little pieces on the baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
- Roast for 45 minutes until deep golden, gently turning the slices halfway through.
- While the cauliflower is roasted, put the butter and pumpkin seeds in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer and stir until the butter is browned. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and and red pepper flakes.
- When the cauliflower is done, slide it gently on to a platter or dinner plates. Pour the butter sauce on top, sprinkle with parsley and serve.