- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a deep oven-safe skillet, and sprinkle in half the thyme. Add the chicken, skin side down, and let it sear until golden (about 6-8 minutes). Don’t move the chicken while it is searing.
- Turn the chicken over with tongs and pour 1/2 cup of the wine and all the broth over the top of it. Sprinkle the remaining thyme on top and put it in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes until the chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and cover with foil to keep warm. Put the skillet on medium low heat and whisk in the flour. Bring to a simmer and then whisk in the rest of the wine. Simmer until slightly thickened.
- Serve the chicken with the white wine gravy drizzled on top.