- 1 cup carrots (either baby carrots or regular carrots that have been peeled and cut into pieces)
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 1 cup cooked chicken, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Toss carrots and brussels sprouts with a tablespoon of olive oil and spread in a single layer on the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and roast until tender and the outside of the sprouts are crispy, about 30 minutes.
- When the veggies are roasted, toss with the farro and the chicken. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch or two of salt and pepper and toss again.
- Add the herbs and toss, and then the cheese and toss one more time. Garnish with herb leaves and serve.
You can substitute barley, brown rice or orzo pasta for the farro if needed, and you can also substitute whatever herb you like best for the mint!