- 4 ounces chopped chorizo or other spicy sausage
- 3/4 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup broken tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 eggs
- Guacamole, sour cream or other taco garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray four individual oven-safe ramekins with cooking spray.
- Add sausage and taco sauce to medium skillet over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until sauce is warmed.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl until thoroughly beaten and frothy.
- Stir chips into taco mixture. Divide taco sauce mixture among the four dishes, spreading until bottom of each dish is covered.
- Divide grated cheese among the four dishes, sprinkling to cover taco sauce.
- Pour egg mixture in even portions into each dish.
- Set ramekins on baking sheet and bake until golden and eggs are set, about 25 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting toothpick – it should come out clean.
- Cool for about 2-3 minutes, add garnishes as desired and serve.