- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup whole milk, warmed for 30 seconds in the microwave
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish (extra if you like things especially spicy!)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh chives
- Place potatoes into a large saucepan of water. Bring to a boil and start testing the potatoes after 10 minutes. When they are done, a knife will easily pierce the potato – you want them tender but not mushy. Drain.
- Return potatoes to the saucepan and add milk, cream cheese and butter. Mash with a potato mashed until they are the consistency you like. You can add more milk if you like them extra creamy in texture.
- Stir in horseradish and chives and serve at once.