This easy gingerbread recipe is good for the holidays and all year round! Sweet and spicy, warm and wonderful, it makes your kitchen smell like Christmas. #baking #gingerbread #cake #christmas #holidays #framedcooks
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup very hot water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Line a 9 inch square baking dish with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine flour, spices and baking soda in a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Take a second larger mixing bowl and combine molasses, sugar, butter and hot water. Stir until butter is melted. Whisk in egg until combined.
- Add flour mixture to molasses mixture and stir until just combined. Scrape batter into pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool, then cut into squares. Dust with powdered sugar and serve!