This recipe for chocolate chip coffee shortbread is a must for your holiday baking list! And don’t forget to make a second batch for yourself!
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 and line the bottom of an 8×8 baking pan with parchment.
- Put the butter, flour, sugar, vanilla and coffee in a mixture and mix on slow speed until everything is well-combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix for a few seconds on slow until they are mixed into the dough.
- Press the dough evenly into the pan, making sure it reaches the edges and is smoothed out on top. Prick the dough every couple of inches with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Bake until just starting to turn golden, about 30 minutes. Cool in the pan.
- When the shortbread is cool, cut into even squares.