- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 pounds new red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half, warmed
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 450. Toss vegetables with oil, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Put in single layer on foil lined baking sheets and roast until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crispy and set aside.
- Gently mash cooked vegetables with chicken broth. Fold in half and half and mix until creamy. Stir in bacon and thyme. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, and serve immediately.