- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 leek, rinsed and sliced
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- Tarragon sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken, carrots, leeks and lemon zest in a heavy deep skillet. Pour milk over the chicken. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are crisp tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place a colander over a bowl and pour the chicken and veggies out into the colander, keeping the milk in the bowl.
- Quickly tear the chicken into bite sized pieces. Add back with the veggies.
- Whisk the sour cream and mustard into the milk. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Ladle the chicken and veggies onto a bed of polenta or pasta or rice, or directly onto the plate. Drizzle the milk sauce on top and garnish with tarragon. Serve at once.