This easy recipe for tuna nicoise salad is going to add all kinds of elegance to your table! Tuna, eggs and veggies in a light dressing.
- 6–8 small red or yellow potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 cups green beans, stem ends snapped off
- 2 hardboiled eggs, peeled
- 1–2 jars tuna filets in olive oil (1 jar can be split between 2 people for a light meal, otherwise use one jar per person)
- 2 tablespoons capers and/or olives
- Fresh ground pepper
- Put the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are just turning tender (check by piercing with a paring knife). Add green beans and cook for another 2 minutes. Drain and run under cool water.
- Cut the potatoes in halves or quarters.
- Divide green beans among 2 plates. Top with potatoes, egg quarters, tuna pieces, capers and/or olives.
- Drizzle the oil from the tuna jar over the salad. Grind some fresh pepper on top and serve.
Make the eggs, potatoes and green beans in advance to make this dish even easier and speedier to put together!