- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces steak, your choice of cut (I used two 4 ounce filet mignons for this recipe)
- Heat grill to high.
- Mix together butter, cheese and pepper and set aside.
- Grill steaks to your favorite degree of doneness. We like ours medium rare, which is about 4 minutes per side for fillets – they should be 125 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove steak from grill and quickly spread with parmesan butter. Tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes, then serve.